The DocStar Action Pack enables users to “DocStar enable” any Windows, browser or legacy application without having to change that application in any way.
- Scan and index documents using integrated application data
- Index and copy integrated application data into an open document’s metadata fields
- Import new documents (with metadata), from application
- Search for documents from integrated application
- In Commander, click Tools | Install Action Pack. This will display the Install Action Pack dialog.
- Select the DocStar Action Pack from the the list of action packs presented in the left side of the dialog.
- Once selected, click the Install button. Note, if there is additional information regarding the selected action pack, a link will be made available below the action pack list. To view the additional information, click the link.
- Once the action pack installation begins, follow the screen prompts. Note that certain action packs may require prerequisites so be aware of any special prerequisite notes presented during the action pack install.
Requirements & Highlights
Supported Operating Systems
• Windows XP through Windows 10
Supported Browsers & Versions
• Internet Explorer v6 – v11
Supported Terminal Emulators
Supported Virtual Environments
• Microsoft RDP/Terminal Services
Workstation Hardware Requirements
• 1GB RAM
• 50 MB free hard disk space
Source code escrow program available